Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Toulon off the beaten track

Toulon off the beaten track, what is it like ?
It looks like visible invisible !?!
Fortunately Frédéric Paul is here to open our eyes....

Passionate about history, art, architecture and certainly very curious, he scrutinizes details, looks for anecdotes, inquires, notes, collects to transmit us in the form of city strolls the (hi)story of a city over time.

Living in the Var for 3 years only, but fascinated by the region for a long time, I am interested in all the information which allow me to discover hidden places and I am particularly fond of small secrets and a little forgotten or unknown details. I used to have a restaurant place Dame Sibille (square Lady Sibille) who is still underestimated by many inhabitants of Toulon and who nevertheless has a crazy charm with its fountain and its mélias.


Frédéric defines himself as a street storyteller and organizes visits of Aix-en-Provence, La Ciotat and Toulon in French, English and Italian. Equipped with his tablet he tells a multitude of short stories. I tested the visit of Toulon and I thank him for having maintained the visit while I was the only one registered. Knowing that he comes from La Ciotat I'm sure it's not profitable for him. I thus had the enjoyment to have my private guide and feel a little as a VIP! :o)

Thanks to Frédéric I learned a lot of big and little things which contributed to make me like Toulon a little more than before.


You, inhabitant of Toulon and You, visitor, curious to discover new things, do you know for example that there is a common point between Johnny Hallyday (a famous french singer), the RCT (the Toulon Rugby Club) and Bob Marley?! Do you know that we found Roman vestiges during the construction of the Square Besagne?! Do you know that the door of the Arsenal which is the one of the Navy museum today is not its place of origin?! If the answer is yes to these three questions, then you are very strong and and can be proud to know a lot about Toulon otherwise run and reserve your place for the next visit, it is every Saturday morning!
  • Le Visible est Invisible - Frédéric Paul - Street Storyteller
  • Phone : +33 (0)6 29 67 62 81
  • 10€ / Person - free under 7 - Visits in english, italian, and french.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Vous aimerez peut être

Related Posts with Thumbnails